Thanksgiving has always been a BIG deal for my family and today will be no exception. 30+ people will gather in a home that sits only a few miles away from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. There will surely be cranberry sauce, apple pie, lots of beer and a ton to be thankful for. So what are we thankful for at BoT?
- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA: This is one of the more widely accessible craft beers and it never disappoints. It is my go to IPA and at 6% ABV, it will have me forgetting about my crazy aunt who sat next to me at the dinner table this Thanksgiving.
- The Hot Stove: Waking up this morning to an alert from MLB.com sharing the news of the deal where the Mariners sent Marte and Walker to Arizona for Segura and others warmed my soul. There are many cold, windy, snowy days ahead this winter and we at BoT are so thankful to have the hot stove to keep us warm while we look for the first signs of spring.
- The Self-Sufficient Blogger: BoT has been at this now for a little over four months, and hell, it is a lot of hard work. It has been a pleasure reading the work of independent bloggers who provide great analysis, all while doing all of their own research, writing and editing. Keep on keepin’ on, self-sufficient blogger.
- Mr. Met: I love that smiling baseball face, even if he is friends with Terry Collins.
- The Booming Craft Beer Industry: New Jersey is experiencing an explosion of microbrews and it is incredible. Within the last year and a half, FOUR breweries have opened within a five mile radius from where I live.
It is a great time to be alive, people. Enjoy the day with your family and friends and travel safely.